Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thank You Dr. Josephine Kim

Fluent in both English and Korean, professor at Harvard Graduate School of Education, has a PHD in Counselor Education and Supervision at the University of Virginia, and known to be an expert in mental-health and family issues, Dr. Josephine Kim is widely known as USA Today's national expert on school violence and was the chief liaison in the Virginia Tech Incident.

This past weekend, June 12-13, we (KPCO) were blessed to have Dr. Josephine come and "lead us in a weekend of discussion and dialogue uniquely geared towards Asians and Asian-Americans." I believe that Dr. Josephine's talks were truly convicting and inspiring and brought many families to place of comfort and understanding in each other. 


Thank you Dr. Josephine!


P.S
Sorry for the delay/late post! My version of Adobe Photoshop decided to get a runtime error (whatever that means) and crashed on me. I didn't get to edit any pictures up until today! Thank you for your patience.

Due to the nature and privacy of the topics discussed, audio recorded sessions are NOT available but if you are interested in the text of her powerpoint slides, feel free to email me and I will direct you/answer your questions as I am able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment