Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sunrises, Sunsets, and Other Stuff

So it's been quite some time since I updated my blog and I've realized that I don't get as many opportunities to take pictures as I used to over summer. My photo teacher has been pushing me and pushing me to take more pictures so I ATTEMPTED to take some picture over the past two weeks. I haven't taken THAT many pictures but it'll suffice. Hope you guys like it.



 






This is a friend of mine, Jazmine Quintana, who is taking Photography I this year. Despite all the boring book work, she's really excited for this course.




So I had finished homework and I wanted to try something new. I basically went in front of my camera, turned off all the lights, and used the LCD screen of my phone to try and write my name. It didn't quite come out as clear as I wanted but you get the point. ( 6", f/3.5, ISO 3200)

     So that's it. For now, I'm focusing more on my education rather then my photography. Our Harvest Youth has a campfire this saturday so hopefully I can get some cool pictures from there (email me for info about the campfire). My next photography assignment for photo class is based on capturing candid moments of my friends so we'll see what I can come up with.

***Prayer requests***
     The main, urgent prayer request on my heart is for this girl named Bree McMahon. Now I don't even know her but her situation is what urges me to pray for her every night. Bree McMahon is a student at Freedom High School and on Saturday, September 26, 2009, Bree was involved in an accident at a school carwash. Bree was pinned between a car and wall and since then has gone under multiple surgeries. As of last night, doctors had to amputate her left leg but were able to keep blood flowing to her right leg. She has been in a medical induced coma since Saturday but I believe doctors are taking her out of the coma today.
     From what I've heard, Bree was an athletic, popular, sweet girl at school who everyone liked. Ever since the accident, I have seen MULTIPLE facebook statuses asking for prayer apon Bree; so let's do that. Let's pray that God would bring her healing and that Bree would understand the reason why God did this. We don't understand why God does the things he does but a part of being a Christian is faith and trusting in everything God does. Let's really pray for Bree and her family that they may put full trust in Christ and that Bree would find her source of strength in Christ. Let's...
Pray
Until
Something
Happens

No comments:

Post a Comment