Friday, March 19, 2010

Does Jak Lee Have Photographs That YOU Want?!?!

     Everyday, more than 25,000 children under the age of 5 die from preventable causes such as disease, poverty and hunger. If you do the math, that means that one child is dying every 7 seconds from causes that WE can help prevent. Hunger knows no bounds, it exists everywhere, and most hunger victims are women and children. Within many countries, 1 out of every 13 children die before the age of 5 due to hunger. World Vision is an organization that strives to fight and prevent worldly injustices that prevail all around the world and hunger is only one of them. The 30-Hour Famine is an international youth movement to fight hunger and poverty.
    So what can we do? At Harvest, we as a congregation will do 3 things to help out.
  1. Raise funds to help support and feed a child or children who need it.
  2. On Saturday, March 27, we will sponsor a free showing of the award-winning movie, “Blind Side.”  It’s an amazing movie of an even more amazing story that will inspire all who watch it.  Popcorn will be served and donations will be collected for the Famine.
  3. On April 9-10, our youth ministry will be having a lock-in at church.  Participants will fast for 30 hours to feel the hunger that these women and children feel.  There will be times of worship and games and engage in activities to increase awareness of the needs in our world.   The lock-in will end with a meal on Saturday
So now, what can YOU do? Besides the following above, you can help me, help the children. Up until April 16, 2010, I will be selling photographs to anyone who would like to buy. some Over the past 2 weeks, I have uploaded my whole entire portfolio to my Photobucket and created a visiter's password for viewers. This will be the process as to how you can access that Photobucket account and purchase any prints.
  1. If you are interested in viewing/purchasing photographs, email me and ask for the account information.
  2. Browse around the MANY albums (click "View all albums" under recent albums) and if you find a photo you would like to purchase, email me back with the following information.
  3. Name, email address, and then the album name/picture #/image description/ size and number of pictures.
  4. I will then email you back confirming your "order" with the total number of pictures/price and from there, we will talk about paying for and receiving the photographs.
*****EXAMPLE EMAIL WILL BE SHOWN BELOW***** 
    The view the picture number, simply click on the photo and near the top left hand corner of the photobucket.com website there state, "viewing __ of __." Please use THAT number for your order. Many of the albums coincide with the albums on my Facebook. If you are tagged in a photo via Facebook, look for the album/album creating date and look at the albums around that date and/or albums with photos from the same folder. If you are not sure what folder it is in, email me the description of the photo with your name and I will try and locate the folder for you.
     As for the paying process, once your "order" has been confirmed, we will somehow meet up, you will pay for the pictures, I will write you a receipt, and within the next couple weeks, you will receive your photo(s).

     Now how come you can't just go into my Photobucket and right-click, save image as??? All of my photos have either my banner or my name across the photograph so unless you want a photograph with my name across the whole thing, you might not want to "steal" the photograph. 
***I don't do this to be mean or picky but I do this to ensure the respect of my photography along with others. There's no point for you to want to help these kids and then go and steal my images or anybody elses for that matter. Same reason as to why it is illegal to download/pirate movies and music. I hope you guys understand.***
     The prices are as follows.
  • 4x6 - $ 5
  • 5x7 - $8
  • 8x12 - $11 
  • Anything bigger - $15
  • ***Sizes may vary depending on the cropping of the actual photograph in comparison to the print size.***
     The prices are set so that even the smallest picture and feed a child for 3 days AT LEAST! Once the photographs have been purchased, all purchases are made final. Refunds and returns will not be accepted. All though these are the prices, you DO NOT have to purchase a photo to help out. Donations are always welcome. To donate, email me for more information. 
     Also, if you know that I have a photograph of you but don't see it in any of the albums, please email me and inform me and I will try and allow that photo available for purchase. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me or contact me through any other means of communication. 

*****PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ANYBODY YOU KNOW. REFER THEM TO THIS BLOG POST OR GIVE THEM MY EMAIL OR  SOMEHOW REFER THEM TO ME. THIS IS ONLY A SMALL WAY THAT BOTH YOU AND I CAN HELP THOSE SUFFERING FROM HUNGER. SO PLEASE, SPREAD TO WORD TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS.*****

This is what your email should roughly look like.
 This is where you can find the photo number.

No comments:

Post a Comment